Teaching Math In A
An engaging in-person workshop of strategies for teaching understanding, problem-solving, and number sense on August 14, 2021
Singapore Math Workshop
How to use Singapore Math so your class...
Kathleen Jalalpour and Corrinne Lieu are nationally recognized math educators and Singapore Math® trainers.
– “Find 3 Ways” – Practice seeing number bonds visually, showing 3 alternative strategies for a given calculation, and discussing how to apply this to the teachers’ own classroom.
– Games. How to use manipulative-based, strategy-building games to practice content.
– How to choose the most vital content for these long units.
– Enrichment, depth and challenge – how to meet the needs of fast-paced learners.
– How to give struggling students the time they need to gain mastery of essential concepts.
– Word problems and model drawing practice.
– How to avoid tracking by “Leveling” assessment within a heterogeneous classroom.
If you have any questions about the workshop or the teachers, please send us a message and we will reply shortly.