Teaching Math In A
An engaging in-person workshop of strategies for teaching understanding, problem-solving, and number sense on August 14, 2021
Singapore Math Workshop
How to use Singapore Math so your class...
COVID guidelines: Masks will be required. Workshop will be held in a large, well-ventilated room.
Kathleen Jalalpour and Corrinne Lieu are nationally recognized math educators and Singapore Math® trainers.
– “Find 3 Ways” – Practice seeing number bonds visually, showing 3 alternative strategies for a given calculation, and discussing how to apply this to the teachers’ own classroom.
– Games. How to use manipulative-based, strategy-building games to practice content.
– How to choose the most vital content for these long units.
– Enrichment, depth and challenge – how to meet the needs of fast-paced learners.
– How to give struggling students the time they need to gain mastery of essential concepts.
– Word problems and model drawing practice.
– How to avoid tracking by “Leveling” assessment within a heterogeneous classroom.
If you have any questions about the workshop or the teachers, please send us a message and we will reply shortly.